Saturday, March 13, 2010

MRI Results - Thur, March 4, 2010

I took Connie in for her MRI at 8:00am. By Noon they had called back with the results: She has calcifications in both breasts, besides the cancerous tumor in her left. They would like her to show up tomorrow at 8:00am for another ultrasound and mammogram. At 8:45 they want her to speak with Dr. Ferguson, a plastic surgeon, to discuss the possibilities of reconstructive surgery. At 2:45 she was in for a biopsy for the calcifications on the left only and then a mammogram right after that was done. Time was slipping by and a decision needed to be made about surgery, however, there were many unanswered questions. Will there really need to be a mastectomy? A double? Do I have the gene? If I do, then a double would probably be best. If I don't, that would make a difference too.

We cancelled the surgery to await the results of the gene test.

No comments:

Post a Comment